|Go green without sacrificing the advanced mobile communication features you love with the Samsung Reclaim from Sprint. With a hardware casing made with corn-derived bio-plastics, an innovative charger that consumes twelve times less power than Energy Star recommendations, and packaging that is 70 percent recyclable, the Reclaim has many elements that make it sustainable. |
But more than just carrying your green cred in your pocket, the Samsung Reclaim is a feature-rich messaging phone with a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard and quick access to such social networks as well as mobile multimedia powerhouse. In addition to fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed EV-DO network, you'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service as well as access to Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 16 GB (a 512 MB card is included), 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, access to personal e-mail and instant messaging, voice dialing capabilities, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
Constructed from bio-plastic materials, the Samsung Reclaim is a full-featured messaging phone with full QWERTY keyboard.
Supporting the EV-DO high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
The Sprint Music Store enables you to buy, download, and then jam out wherever you are with new songs or old favorites. Offering a growing selection of more than 1.6 million songs, the store provides you two copies of each song--one for the phone and another for the PC, as well as the ability to burn songs to a CD using Windows Media Player. Save your songs to a memory card with a capacity that's right for you. You also get several streaming-radio applications, including Sprint Radio with more than 150 channels.
This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
With Sprint Mobile e-mail, you'll get easy access to your favorite home e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail and more. And Sprint Mobile e-mail Work enables you to access e-mail from corporate servers, including Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and Lotus Notes Domino versions 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 (with the latest software update).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
The Samsung Reclaim is designed with environmentally-responsible components and fully recyclable packaging, including:
Enjoy quick access to your favorite social networks, including Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and more.
Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio/video player, microSD memory expansion to 16 GB and access to personal and work e-mail.
Additionally, $2 of each purchase will benefit The Nature Conservancy's Adopt an Acre program, which supports land conservation across the United States and protects some of the world’s most beautiful and important natural habitats.
- Its bio-plastic material, made from corn, makes up 40 percent of the Reclaim's outer casing. Samsung Reclaim is free of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), phthalates, and nearly free of brominated flame retardants (BFR): three materials commonly targeted on green electronics guidelines.
- The outer packaging and the phone tray inside the box are made from 70 percent recycled materials. The images and text on the box as well as the phone warranty information are printed with soy-based ink.
- The typical thick paper user manual has been replaced with a virtual manual that users can access at www.sprint.com/reclaimsupport.
- The charger is Energy Star approved for meeting the highest energy efficiency standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. It consumes 12 times less power than the Energy Star standard for standby power consumption and is equipped with a visible notification to alert you to unplug the handset once it's fully charged.
The Reclaim's 2.6-inch LCD screen (320 x 240 pixels, 262K colors) sits above a navigation ring that's complemented by soft navigation keys, send/end keys, speaker key, and back button. Slide the phones face up to reveal the full QWERTY keyboard, with keys in gray and number and function keys marked in green. The phone has a small internal memory, which can be expanded for storing music, photo and video files via optional microSD memory cards (up to 16 GB in size). The internal phonebook can store up to 600 contacts, and each entry has room for up to 6 phone numbers, an e-mail address, instant messaging handle, web address and more.
This phone features Sprint's One Click navigation interface, which places eight shortcut tiles along the bottom of the home screen. Instead of navigating through endless phone menus, you can put the things you use the most--features like call logs, texting, Web access and GPS navigation--right up front with instant information related to each feature. For example, when you scroll to text messaging, you'll see the number of new messages received and a single click takes take you to the newest messages.
Sprint's One Click navigation brings all your favorite features to your fingertips.
Social Zone, another One Click application, is your gateway for keeping up with all your favorite social communities such as Photobucket, MySpace, and more. From the easy-to-use dashboard view, you can respond to friend requests, view and send messages, post comments and update your status or profiles, all from your phone. You can also use your phone's camera to take photos, then upload them straight to your networking sites without closing the application.
The Reclaim also includes a new green One Click tile that provides a gateway to several green applications including:
- Five Simple Steps from Discovery Channel provides five simple changes you can make to be more , from how you commute to what you eat for dinner;
- Green Guides from Discovery Channel offers handy guides to help you green your lives with ease, and understand why;
- Green Glossary from Discovery Channel provides words and explanations about the Earth and Climate Change; and
- All Things Green, a Sprint Web category contains dynamic green headline and links to downloadable content.
Hands-free communication is easy thanks to the integrated speakerphone. This phone also provides Bluetooth wireless connectivity (version 2.0), and includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and file transfer. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send e-mail, and access files from a server (additional charges or subscription applicable).
The 2-megapixel camera can capture still images in of five resolution options and three quality settings. It also features a digital zoom, center and spot metering, brightness adjustment, and series/mosaic/panorama shot options. You can also capture video clips, which are capped at 2 MB (or approximately 6 minutes) for sending via messaging or shooting for as long as you have available memory.
Other features include:
- Digital Audio Player: compatible with MP3, AAC, AAC+, and WMA formats; includes background music playback and Flight Mode for listening to music and watching videos with the cell radio turned off
- Streaming Music: Listen to R&B, hip-hop, country and rock, and access Sirius, Vh-1 and MTV to see the latest headlines and video clips of your favorite artists
- Wireless Backup: If your phone is ever lost, stolen, damaged or replaced, you can use Wireless Backup to restore your contact information quickly and easily. Additional charges apply.
- T9 text input: Compose messages easier and faster. Predictive text input and the internal dictionary predicts text as you type, making it simpler to send messages.
- Speaker-Independent Voice Dialing: Say the name of any entry in your phone book and the number is dialed automatically without using the keypad. This feature is speaker-independent, so there is no need to train the phone to respond to any one person's voice. Receive an audible status report of your phone/s coverage, signal strength, and battery strength.
- Sync with Microsoft Outlook for work e-mail, contacts and calendars
- Personal organizer tools: calendar, alarm clock, world clock, calculator, stopwatch, tip calculator, notepad
- Support for personal (POP3) and work e-mail (IMPAP4)
- Speed dial can store up to 99 numbers
- Hearing aid compatibility = M4/T4
The Samsung Reclaim weighs 3.5 ounces and measures 3.87 x 2.32 x 0.61 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 MHz frequencies as well as Sprint's EV-DO 3G frequencies.